Electrical Safety Training Course 79-2021: Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery
ELECTRICAL STANDARD FOR INDUSTRIAL MACHINERY
Reference Docs: NFPA 79-2021 edition “Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery”
8 Hour Class (1 Day)
$400 per attendee.
Includes lunch and course certificate
Target Audience: This course is designed for electrical engineers, safety professionals, maintenance personnel, industrial machinery operators, inspectors, and anyone involved in the design, construction, installation, operation, or maintenance of industrial machinery.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and scope of the NFPA 79 2021 standard and its relevance to industrial machinery safety.
- Interpret and apply the requirements outlined in the standard for the design, construction, installation, operation, and maintenance of industrial machinery.
- Identify the key elements of an electrical safety program for industrial machinery, including risk assessment, hazard identification, and mitigation techniques.
- Recognize the importance of proper grounding, bonding, and wiring practices in ensuring the safety and reliability of industrial machinery.
- Develop and implement effective inspection and maintenance strategies to ensure ongoing compliance with NFPA 79 2021 requirements.
Upcoming Class Schedule
This class is performed on a custom schedule by schedule basis. If you are interested in attending this class, or wish setting up a new class for a group of attendees, please submit the class inquiry form below and one of our training advisors will be in touch very soon.
Thursday, July 20th – 2023
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
I. Introduction to NFPA 79 2021
A. History and development of NFPA 79
B. Purpose and scope of the standard
C. Relationship with other NFPA standards and international codes
D. Key terms and definitions
II. General Requirements
A. Risk assessment and hazard identification
B. Electrical safety program for industrial machinery
C. Electrical supply and distribution systems
D. Grounding, bonding, and wiring practices
E. Overcurrent protection
III. Design and Construction Requirements
A. Enclosures and electrical equipment
B. Wiring methods and materials
C. Control circuits and control devices
D. Motor control and protection
E. Emergency stop and safety-related control functions
IV. Installation Requirements
A. Electrical installation and documentation
B. Cable routing and support systems
C. Connection devices and terminal identification
D. Installation of control circuits and equipment
V. Operation and Maintenance
A. Safe operating procedures and instructions
B. Inspection and testing of industrial machinery
C. Preventive and corrective maintenance
D. Record-keeping and documentation
VI. Inspection, Compliance, and Enforcement
A. Compliance with NFPA 79 2021 requirements
B. Inspection of industrial machinery installations
C. Enforcement and penalties for non-compliance
D. Best practices for ongoing compliance
Assessment and Certification: Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate of completion demonstrating their understanding of the NFPA 79 2021: Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery.
Class Inquiry Form:
"*" indicates required fields